Transform your child’s block play into dynamic, hands-on learning and discovery with Up! From STEM challenge ideas to patterns, word formation to world architecture, explore it all with Up!
Up! Taking Construction Play to the Next Level
Our latest collaborative eBook, Up! features 30+ activities and includes over 100 printables to turn your block center into a center for learning math, literacy, science, engineering, and art, all through child’s play. Build mobiles, rocket ships, castles, or construct STEM challenges inspired by children’s literature or global architecture.
As with ABCs and 123s, featuring 40+ hands-on, play-based multi-sensory activities for learning, ideal for children ages 2 to 8, all activities were created by established kids activity bloggers, tried and tested with their own children. Activities have been carefully chosen to offer a wide range of explorations, working across the learning spectrum to incorporate play, imagination, math, literacy, STEM challenge ideas, sensory and art.
In this eBook, you will get:
- 30+ hands-on projects that invite your child to explore all things Up!
- Guidance on how to support your child’s interests, and how to help them expand their exploration and learning across the curriculum. This book is all about hands-on, project-based, passion-led learning.
- Multisensory activities for children aged 4 to 10
- Resources for parents and teachers, at home or in the classroom, with ideas for indoor and outdoor learning
- Material lists, step-by-step instructions, and full color photographs of every activity
- Suggestions for variations and extensions so you can adapt the activities to suit your child
Learning activities span a wide set of early childhood curriculum, including:
- Ideas to set up and develop block play
- Activities that use blocks for math lessons, with number games, measuring activities, and shape-building challenges
- Construction play invitations with sensory elements and imaginary play, to develop language, spelling, and storytelling, and to promote co-operation and collaboration
- Art projects on the theme of Up! including Caulder-inspired kinetic mobiles and upright weaving
- Prompts that encourage creative thinking and innovation: exploring the possibilities of rocks, ice, marshmallows, customising blocks with new designs, and using huge cardboard boxes that can build structures bigger than you are
- Science projects that invite your child to think about all the other things that go Up! including homemade rockets, airplanes, parachutes, pulleys and constellations
- And, last but not least, 100 printable pages including printable shape and STEM challenge ideas cards and a set of world architecture prints
Construction Play turned Shapes Lesson
Each activity appears on a two-page spread, featuring colored images and author bio. Check out the sample pages below depicting 2D Shape Pattern Block Challenge – just one of the 30+ awesome Up! activities included. Each activity also includes an author biography, so you can visit each contributor’s website for even more great ideas.
The more than 100 pages of printables included are featured at the end of the eBook.
The Sky is the Limit with Up!
Watch the video to learn more about all the awesome STEM challenge and construction play ideas included with Up!
Available Now Worldwide for Instant Download
This is an ebook, which means you will be sent a link that allows you to download a PDF containing the ebook and all the resources. You can save it to your computer or iPad* and then either read it on screen or print some/all of the pages, as you prefer.
*You can buy the ebook now, on any device, and then download it when you are ready. Depending on the apps you have installed and your operating system, you might be able to download the ebook on your mobile device. However if you have any doubts or problems, I recommend you use a computer to download the book and then share it to your mobile devices. You will be sent download instructions when your purchase the ebook.
The Up! ebook is published and sold by Cathy James at NurtureStore.co.uk. Please direct any customer service queries regarding purchases of the ebook to [email protected] or refer to the NurtureStore FAQ.
The Up! ebook is protected under copyright © 2016. All rights reserved.